Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Colour Project 1: Trial 2

After my initial failure, I decided the best way to re-invigorate the project for myself, I decided to I tried to step out of my comfort zone and buy a bunch of supplies, get an assistant and stage a metaphorical scene with objects, which I choose carefully for their assorted cultural/literary significance.

I took all of my collected objects (2 exact copies of each) and went to a nearby field. I then proceeded to destroy each object in a different manner, the destruction itself I filmed, making the process into somewhat of a performance piece itself. I then placed the mated object (the unbroken twin of the first) into the wreckage and photographed the scene.

Each photo was then going to be labeled with the metaphorical reference that the object was supposed to contain within itself. The point of everything was to speak to the idea that one always can continue on even through trials/hardship and in the wake of the destruction of the a value itself; that in my opinion, human will is insurmountable.

--------------------------------------------------


Unfortunately, after all this planning, preparation, and process, fate through a wrench in the works and while I was developing, the spool on which I loaded my film, fell apart, and thus I developed my negatives as one large chuck, thoroughly ruining them all. As such I had to rethink what I had done, and where I was/could possibly go.