Monday, October 18, 2010

Silkscreen Project 3: 2-Colour Print

Circles and Bars

With this project, I decided to continue my exploration of 'repetition of form' that I started in my previous silkscreen project. I don't really see this piece as very resolved or even well produce by more of a study in both technique and concept.

The overarching idea behind this exercise was to examine the tension created from between the interactions inherent in the piece. The main source of tension was between colours: white, red, and blue (all very basic and unadulterated, used straight from the manufactures inks) and how they interact with each other and the negative space of the white card stock. This was further complicated by their depictions in the simple geometric forms of the rectangle and circle and how these shapes are used to create a certain phasing that happens within the piece.

IMG_0578ed

No comments:

Post a Comment