Monday, October 4, 2010

Silkscreen Project 2: B/W Project

Series I

Many people in my class are accomplished drawers, sketchers, and/or painters but as I am not by any stretch of the imagination, I decided to instead concentrate on something I could make; on form rather than illustration. What this eventually turned out to be was a collection of 14 lines that came to me while I was musing about what to make.

The lines are separate into four groups (2-4-5-3) and together form a semi-cohesive figure that is curved on one side and straight on the other. What I tried to do with this was to print the image both singularly and layered upon itself multiple times to express how duplication of the images through silkscreening could take one simplistic shape and create a whole host of unique objects.


Unfortunately, as I am an not a very good printer, they prints did not come out perfectly clear as I have originally intended. Because of this, the project has also developed a second aspect; not only is it exploration of how duplication and scale can change an image, but also how my imperfect grasp of the process contributes to the creation of imperfect images whose degradation also add to the concept of the unique image.

No comments:

Post a Comment